2011年1月13日 星期四

Group Experiential Exercise 1

Hi! Welcome to our group, Universal Talent~


We are Kelly, Herman, Denise and Emily (Left to Right) from CityU, taking the class of International Managment!



First, let us introduce ourselves to all of you  :)

Kelly: 
Hello~ Being the final year student in HRM, it is so interesting for me to start my blogging about what I have learnt. It is hard to give myself the most suitable descriptions, as all my friends have it differently. However, there is one thing for sure; I am a determined people who can be rather tough and uneasy. Haha! There are not many people saying themselves are uneasy, right? Unless there is good reasons, it is hard to stop me from my decisions. That's why some people may think I am tough, stubborn, and kind of uneasy. In another round, I like to observe people. They told me loads with their small, unintended gestures. That's why I love this steam, which keep my enjoyment of meeting different people.

Herman: 
Hi all! I am a final year student major in Human Resources Managment. Like other Capricorns, I am calm, cautious, and always set high standards for myself, while I may not be as confident as Capricorns are supposed to be sometimes. So I tend to be anxious and unhappy with personal failures. However,  I am used to keeping my worries to myself, and very often, you can see my smiling face before the crowd as I like to build up positivity around for cheering people and myself.

Denise:  
Hello everyone! I am  a year 3 student majoring in Human Resources Management. Having the curiosity to know better about the world, I'm prepared to capitalize on every opportunity to learn and explore. I want to go out of my comfort zone and open my mind to a variety of things in different parts of the world. Open to new ideas and receptive to diversified perspectives, I enjoy making friends and interacting with people with different values and from different cultural backgrounds[that's probably one of the reasons why I'm drawn to the course International Management:)] I hope I can make the most of my university life to make it as fruitful and fulfilling as it can be!

Emily: 
Hi all! I am a final year student major in Human Resources Management. I love taking challenges and learning new things, at the same time set high standards and target to achieve. Apart from study and work, I enjoy my life and hope to travel around and experience various cultures. Meeting people and having gathering with friends are wonderful thing for me, as I can exchanges ideas with others and gain new knowledge. 


UNIVERSAL TALENT


Our group name is Universal Talent because we want to develop ourselves as talents with global exposure and knowledge through international sources and communicating with people, e.g. our classmates :] coming from different cultural backgrouds. Knowing that knowledge is boundless so as the sharing of information, we asipire to develop our global vision  and strive to look at things from a wider perspective. We treasure differences and embrace conflicting opinions and are ready to share our viewpoints with everyone so as to learn as much as possible through the exchange of provocative ideas.


GOAL WE ARE WORKING ON


It's our common goal that equipping ourselves with international management practices will enable us to have a better understanding about people from other cultures which will facilitate our cooperation and building of mutual relationships with one another. It will also prepare us for the challenges arising from the increased globalization and integration of nations and make us a more able worker capable of adding values to the organizations that we serve.


INTERESTING TOPICS


Wow~ What's coming is such an exciting semester! Looking forward to the lessons about Image Restoration & Philanthropy and Green Management & Sustainability. Of course, if there are additional topics such as Anti-Bribery Pratice in MNCs, how some countries resist globalization in order to preserve their unique cultures or the influence of globalization on the spread of one language to another, that will also be great!

MYTH to think:
People's consumption patterns are getting globalised.

沒有留言:

張貼留言